Active Support Groups
Our support groups are designed to meet your needs. Check out our currently active groups below, and please contact us by clicking below to enroll in any of these groups or talk to your case manager or visit the front desk to sign-up!
The Trans and Non-Binary Support Group will begin on April 13th! It is an open support group for Trans and Non-Binary individuals. The group will be co-led by two group facilitators, Erica Cox and Cosmo Xavier, and will create a safe space for Trans and Non-binary folks to come to receive encouragement and talk about real life situations to increase resilience and strengths. The group is created to help reduce isolation and create a sense of belonging.
- Every other Thursday
- Runs from 6p - 7:30p
- Contact: Erica Cox [email protected] or Cosmo Xavier [email protected]
The Pregnant and Parenting Support Group on May 3, 2021. It is an open group for all pregnant and parenting individuals to create a safe space to come and receive encouragement and talk about daily life.
- Starting May 3, 2021
- First Monday of every month from 5:00p - 6:30p
- Contact: Jaime Reynolds ([email protected])
The Women’s Support Group will be a space where women who engage with the Damien Center can come to talk about everyday struggles and have a safe space to open up about what is happening in their lives. The group will meet bi-monthly on the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, 11a - 12p Damien Center Board Room
- Contact: Annie Nelson (anel[email protected])
The MPower Support Group is open to all HIV+ identifying men, regardless of sexual orientation. The goal of this group is to create an environment for members to receive support and foster a sense of community.
- Tuesday mornings from 11a - 12:30p via Zoom
- Contact: Nick Brown ([email protected])
*MPower is on hiatus until April 2021.
The 40Plus Support Group welcomes all HIV+ men ages 40 or older seeking social support in coping with aging within the context of HIV. Topics discussed are past trauma, stigma, loss of social networks, making positive change, and how to re-engage in life after periods of ill health.
- Thursdays from 11a - 12p at the Damien Center
- Contact: Anthony Pastrick ([email protected])