If you want a copy of your own medical records:
- You have immediate access to a condensed version of your medical records via your Patient Portal, please login to view and download a copy.
- If you want a copy of your complete medical record, please visit our Patient Forms app and scroll down to Release of Information section.
Please fill out the Release of Information form if:
- I want my previous provider to send my medical records to Damien Center/Cares
- I want DC to give my medical records to another provider, attorney, or other group.
Please note: If you wish to obtain HIV or Mental Health records, you MUST have specialty authorization(s) checkbox(es) market1.
All requests can also be sent to our secure fax line: 317-423-0608
- Patients that receive HIV/MH care are required Federally to include this special release portion. Failure to do so will result in amended patient documents with limited data.
- If we are unable to complete your request, you will be notified in writing the status of your request and any additional follow-up within 60 days of receiving your request.
- Document Certification is typically used in litigation and is not required for typical request.
- Additional fees may apply if file size requires digital media for request completion.
- If your provider determines your medical record to be inaccurate, your request will be granted, and the information will be amended in your medical record and corrected. If your provider determines your medical record to be accurate, your request will be denied, and the Amendment Request and any correspondence to the request will be documented in your medical record.
- Email of preference MUST be listed on Release of Information on file. Records will be sent using Secure Emailing system. Additional steps will be required to open our attached document.
- Standard 2 days shipping will be used.
- Valid Identification prior to release of documents
Please allow up to 5-7 business days to process requests2. Document verification may delay the process of requests3.
Currently, there are no charges for obtaining your medical records.4
If you find an error in your medical record, you may request that a correction may be facilitated using the Amendment Request Form in our Patient Forms app. Once completed, your request will be sent to our team for review. There are two possible outcomes.5
Please complete the Amendment Request Form
- Secure File Upload - Upload the medical records directly to The Damien Medical Records Department using the link.
- Fax - 317.423.0608
- Mail - 26 N Arsenal Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46201 (Send via USPS or Courier Service)
Please visit the Indiana Health Information Exchange