Coby Palmer Food Pantry
Our food pantry provides essential nutritional support to our clients.
Our on-site food pantry provides a variety of nutritional foods for our clients. The food in our pantry is meant to act as a supplement to our clients’ household nutrition needs.
2022 February Access Hours
- Jan 31st-Feb 4th - Last Name A-G
- Feb 7th-Feb 11th - Last Name H-L
- Feb 14th-Feb 18th - Last Name M-P
- Feb 22st-25th - Last Name Q-Z (closed 2/21 for President’s Day)
Hours Each Week
- Mon 10am-4pm
- Tues 12pm-7pm
- Wed 10am-4pm
- Thurs CLOSED
- Fri 10am-3pm
How do I access the pantry?
Clients who require nutritional support must have an active food pantry referral completed by a Care Coordinator at their medical site. This referral will be updated at each Ryan White re-certification.
Once you have your referral, each month, you will come to the Damien Center and receive a Kroger Card and your groceries. Your access date is determined by the FIRST letter of your LAST name.
Access Days & Times
Access Day by Last Name
- 1st M/T/W/F: Last Name A-G
- 2nd M/T/W/F: Last Name H-L
- 3rd M/T/W/F: Last Name M-P
- 4th M/T/W/F: Last Name Q-Z
- 5th M/T/W/F: No Pantry Access
- Monday 10am - 4pm
- Tuesday 12pm - 7pm
- Wednesday 10am - 4pm
- Friday 10am - 3pm
If you are unable to visit on your access week, please reach out to your Care team for additional options.
Need other assistance?
- You may qualify for Meals on Wheels! Ask your Care team for more information
- The Community Compass App shows pantries in your area
- The CHIP Handbook of Help is available online
- Horizon House & Fletcher Place offer daily meals
About the Pantry
Our convenient, pre-packaged grocery bags may include breakfast options (cereal, oatmeal), beans, vegetables, canned meats, soups, fruit, starches (pasta, rice, potatoes), bread, frozen meats, and other items as available. Food pantry order contents are based on current availability.
We provide food assistance to both our own clients and those who receive services at other AIDS Service Organizations. To access the food pantry monthly, clients must have an approved referral.
To donate to the Food Pantry, contact us by emailing [email protected] or visiting our In-Kind Support page.
If you wish to donate food items, please consider the following:
- Canned fruits
- Canned or pouches of meat
- Peanut butter crackers
- Peanut butter in plastic jars
- Ensure (TM) (or other nutritional drinks)
- Small, healthy snack items
- Other non-perishables (canned fruits or vegetables, boxed items, etc.)
We are always in need of new and unopened hygiene or toiletry items, including:
- Dish soap (small bottles)
- Paper towels
- Toilet Paper
- Bar soap
- Body wash
- Cleaning supplies
- Hygiene/disinfectant wipes