Each year, we rely on hundreds of volunteers to support our clients, organization, and services. Our volunteer experiences are catered to your skills and are anything but one-size-fits-all!
Damien Center relies on hundreds of volunteers to meet our mission of empowering those affected by HIV/AIDS and preventing the spread of HIV in our community. Some volunteers perform regularly scheduled jobs like working in the food pantry or at the testing reception desk. Others serve as special event volunteers or provide administrative assistance. Volunteers also share Damien Center's story at health fairs, community fairs, and other events.
Each of our volunteers brings an enthusiasm for our community and a desire to make a difference in our mission to end HIV in Central Indiana. Find out more about how you can join in by learning more about our volunteer opportunities and experiences.
To become a volunteer or learn more, sign up today!
Our agency is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities, which may include providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. If you need additional accommodations or directions for accessible entrances, you can contact Tessa Barnard. We do our best to create an inclusive space and will try to accommodate you as best we can.
Timecounts is the volunteer management software we use at Damien Center. We ask that everyone volunteer agrees to use our TimeCounts website to the best of their ability. This is where we list new opportunities, track volunteer hours, and keep volunteer information. You can sign up for TimeCounts at timecounts.org/damien.
Volunteer opportunities that include direct client interaction will require criminal background checks. These checks will be at no cost to the volunteer applicant.
Please reach out directly to our Volunteer Manager, Tessa Barnard, at [email protected].
Please check our Work With Us page.
Most volunteer opportunities with Damien Center require that the volunteer be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers under 18 must either have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and be undertaking suitable roles for which there is no legal minimum age.
Please contact Annie Nelson, Community Engagement Manager, at [email protected] for more information on donation drives.
Damien Center is following COVID-19 protocols as determined by the Center for Disease Control, the Indiana State Department of Health, and the city of Indianapolis. Before volunteering, all volunteers with Damien Center must attest that the following statements are true:
- I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as fever, nausea, loss of taste, cough, or shortness of breath. I agree that I will cancel my shift to volunteer at Damien Center if any of these symptoms develop.
- I have not traveled internationally in the past 14 days
- I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States in the past 14 days
- I do not believe that I have been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as noncontagious by state or local public health authorities
- I am following recommended guidelines as much as possible - practicing social distancing by participating in group activities of fewer than 10, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, wearing a mask in public at all times, and otherwise limiting my exposure to COVID-19
- I understand I must follow the safety, hygiene, and social distancing protocols set forth by Damien Center and the city of Indianapolis
We are currently seeking volunteers to help with the following opportunities. If you are interested in joining our wonderful community of dedicated volunteers, please sign-up here.
- Food Pantry
- Safe Sex Kits
- Holiday Gift Wrapping
- Virtual Damien 101