Volunteer Spotlight: Francesa
National Volunteer Month
April 26, 2021
Francesca Taylor got involved with Damien Center during her senior year of high school.
Keep reading to learn more about Francesca and her volunteer experience with Damien Center.
- Name: Francesca Taylor
- How long have you been volunteering at Damien Center? Almost a year!
- What are some of the activities that you help with while volunteering at Damien Center? I’ve helped make safe sex kits, sort through the Target donations, and I’ve helped out in the food pantry!
- What’s one thing that you have learned from your volunteer experience? How easy it is to just set a few hours aside to help out when I can, and what I can accomplish within the Damien Center during those few hours.
- What advice would you give to someone who is a new volunteer? I’m not sure, besides that everyone there is always friendly and helpful. Thought I might not have advice, I would highly recommend anyone who can to volunteer, as it’s important and a good experience!
- What has been the most memorable moment in your time volunteering? Why? I went in to volunteer on my birthday; the Damien center employees all wished me a happy birthday and one brought me out a birthday mug cake while I was volunteering. I thought it was so sweet, and I really appreciate everyone there for making it a good day
- Name one fun fact you would like people to know about you. I’m going to attend college for studio arts this fall!
You can join Francesca and the many other volunteers who give their time Damien Center by clicking the link below or by contacting Tessa Barnard, Volunteer Manager, at [email protected].