Volunteer Spotlight: Stacie
National Volunteer Month
April 13, 2021
April is National Volunteer Month and this week we’re spotlighting Stacie Hansen.
Stacie stepped up to volunteer with Damien Center at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic to help keep our clients accessing the Food Pantry safe. Keep reading to learn more about Stacie and her volunteer experience with Damien Center.
- How long have you been volunteering at Damien Center? October 2020... During a pandemic. LOL
- What are some of the activities that you help with while volunteering at Damien Center? Lobby Liaison for the Food Pantry. The Lobby Liaison greets clients as they enter the building, checks everyone’s temperature, and controls the flow of clients accessing the Food Pantry.
- What’s one thing that you have learned from your volunteer experience? How complicated some of the client's day-to-day situations are.
- What advice would you give to someone who is a new volunteer? Be open-minded
- What has been the most memorable moment in your time volunteering? Why? The days that the clients have made me laugh so hard.
- Name one fun fact you would like people to know about you: I love to go to Kitley [Indianapolis Speedrome] to watch the demolition derby.
You can join Stacie and the many other volunteers who give their time Damien Center by clicking the link below or by contacting Tessa Barnard, Volunteer Manager, at [email protected].